Friday, June 26, 2009

Is that a GLOCK in your pocket?

Say hello to my new little friend. This little guy has been given the privilege of spending the rest of its life in my pants as my primary CCW. I was looking for a sub-compact carry weapon. Requirements were simple. Had to be small. Had to be able to hold up to the occasional drop, could not be bothered by pocket lint, sweat from the summer heat, the occasional soft drink mishap and most of all, I had to be able to shoot it safely and accurately.

It was small; it felt good in my hand and felt at home in my waistband. Given the fact that some get cleaned in the dishwasher, I did not think I had much to worry about with regards to the pocket lint or Coke spills. But most important was how well would it perform in my hands?

The first day at the range left me a little concerned because of the short grip. I had to tuck my pinky finger under the magazine. I did not feel like I had total control of the weapon. Subsequent range visits took care of that problem. It just took some getting used to. I have ordered a few magazine extensions and also a couple of G19 15-round magazines. I will find the perfect fit.

The image shows my G26 along with the first 10 rounds fired this morning. Using the standard 10-round mag, with pinky tucked, I was more than pleased with the results. I am starting to build up my confidence with this guy and can't wait to play around with the mag extensions. Once this is dialed in, my accuracy should improve and I can start thinking about adding some accessory BLING.

As a side note, you may notice that I claimed to fire 10 rounds but only 9 holes show in the target. The 1st shot was off. I covered it with the quarter. So the verdict is in; I am very happy with this purchase. This is the first Glock I have owned and I say "first" because I put the Glock 19 on the shortlist as a future holstered sidekick. After all, what good is a bulge in the pocket if you're all alone?

Mark

No comments:

Post a Comment