Thursday, November 26, 2009

Chasing Butterflies

Benchmade 555 Mini Griptilian

Earlier this year I ran across a few Benchmade brand knife reviews online. I have never owned a Benchmade but knew about their reputation as a premium knife company. Due to the glowing reviews, I was inspired enough to visit Benchmade.com.


My wife did not have an EDC blade for her purse. I ran across a Mini Griptilian model 555 sporting a pink handle. I put 2 and 2 together and ended up finding a perfect birthday gift for my wonderful wife. My wife has everything. If she sees something she wants, she gets it; extremely hard for us to exchange gifts because I am the same way.


She loved it. I loved it. I wanted one. As a matter of fact, I was so impressed with the axis locking mechanism and the feel of this knife that I would have gladly carried this knife if she did not like it... even with the pink handle. Yes, it felt that good.


Specs:

Blade Shape - Modified Sheepsfoot (Looks good but also practical.)

Blade Length - 2.91 (Perfect size blade for EDC.)

Closed Length - 3.87 (Not too large but large enough.)

Handle Material - GTX (Very solid material. Very good grip.)

Locking Mechanism - AXIS (The smoothest knife action I have ever experienced.

Blade Material - 154CM (I am no steel expert but suffice it to say 154CM is not 420.)


This was a home run. She loves it. I want one so bad I can't stand it. Thank you Benchmade!


Mark

No comments:

Post a Comment