Wednesday, February 24, 2010

The Lost Symbol

THE LOST SYMBOL
Dan Brown

I decided to read this book based on a recommendation from a friend. I have never read anything else by Dan Brown, so I really didn’t know what to expect. My friend told me he couldn’t put it down. I’ve had the opposite problem with a lot of books I’ve read…I easily could put them down because they weren’t all that good. I love to read, but the book has got to keep me interested.

I’ll go ahead and say that I’m giving this one five stars. Is this the best novel I have ever read? No. But it is one of the most suspenseful, riveting, difficult-to-put-down novel I have ever read. I was reading for two hours at a time, which is something I never do. I was reading with the TV blaring, my daughter playing loudly, my wife talking on the phone, all at the same time, and I was focused. This novel grabbed me and held my interest.. I love how the chapters are short, the action is fast, with lots of twists and turns and cliffhangers throughout the whole book.

It's not literature, it's entertainment. Nothing more. Judging it by that standard, it gets the five stars.


Dave

No comments:

Post a Comment