Friday, July 10, 2009

Alcohol, Tobacco & Firearms

Over the past year, I have been slowly working on a photo booth box. What started out as a simple cardboard box inspired by a photography forum post, has turned into a very over-engineered 30-pound wooden box. I am not a seasoned amateur photographer. I have not even reached the beginner level to be honest. But I do have an interest in photography. And I like to build things.


I took some sample shots today and the photo above is the best I could do. I can’t figure out how to get the background completely white. It may have something to do with my light source. I will continue tweaking the box and experimenting with lighting techniques. As my photography skills develop, I will post more photos here on the blog.


In the photo: A bottle of 80 proof Wild Turkey. A fine Kentucky Bourbon that is waiting for me to break the seal. The cigar is a Gurkha Titan. He has been hanging out in the humidor since March of this year. The Titan has become my annual birthday cigar and it was nice seeing the Smith & Wesson model 669 again. We have made plans to head to the range together in the next few days.


Mark





No comments:

Post a Comment