Friday, July 17, 2009

The Good, The Bad, And the Ugly

The Good: I have to say, the Smith & Wesson M&P 9mm compact may just be the most comfortable pistol I have ever had in my hands. The gun comes with 3 different grip inserts for a custom fit depending on your hand size or preference. The medium size seems to fit me. The feel of this gun is solid and tight. It has had a diet of Federal premium, Wolf, UMC, and Blazer. Not a single fail to load, fail to fire or fail to eject. So far, so good...


The Bad: The one area that this gun and my other S&W could use some improvement in is the break-down process. With my hands, it is a pain to field strip. With practice, it is getting easier but S&W should really spend some extra R&D time with this. Glock gets it. The trigger. I do not like the trigger. It may be due to the fact that I am getting too accustomed to the Glock trigger pull. It is hard to say what I dislike about it but something about it bugs me.

The Ugly: I was informed by my wife that this is no longer my gun. She says it is hers now. I was told that I had to wash my hands before I even think about picking it up. All the cheap ammo had to be removed. She will be feeding it a strict diet of premium Federal Hollow Point rounds.

Mark

No comments:

Post a Comment