Friday, July 17, 2009

Good. Damn Good!

A few months ago I had a conversation with a co-worker. We were discussing the current state of today's music. The question was asked... "What is it that you do not like about today's music?" I really couldn't put my finger on it. It had changed.

I pondered this question for several weeks. It was this week that I found the answer. Gone were the screaming solos that were so prevalent in "my" rock music. Gone was the originality that separated band from band. Gone was the excitement that could be felt through the recorded performances. It had changed; or had I?

On July 5th, 2009, the debut album from Chickenfoot showed up on iTunes. You want to know what is missing from today's music? Here it is. 100% pure, hard-pounding, organic Rock 'n' Roll. Joe "Satch" Satriani shows that the guitar can, and should be, center stage again. This stage is shared with Sammy Hagar on vocals, Anthony Michael holds up the low end of things and "the glue" keeping it all together is Chad Smith on drums.

Can't wait to see these guys live. I have been a fan of Joe since the "Not of this Earth" album but have never had the privilege of seeing him live. I am not gonna miss this opportunity. Our paths will cross this year!

Mark

No comments:

Post a Comment