Thursday, August 6, 2009

Closet Find


Stuffed way in the back, on the highest shelf in the closet, beneath the blanket of various fishing hats and old clothes, I found an old wooden box that I have not opened in quite some time. This is a collection of Case Knives I inherited from my Grandfather. The one thing that he was known for was his love of knives and his modest knife collection. But not just any knife would do.

He was a Case die hard through and through. He told me many times that some knives are meant to be used and some are never meant to be sharpened. This collection was some of the ones never to be used. But you can see from the wear around the latch that even though he never cut anything with these knives, the case has been opened quite a few times. If I had a dime for each and every time he opened this box, I would be able to pay off a credit card or two.

I found this box today while doing some closet organization. I decided to take a photo to have on my computer and thought I would post a blog entry. I learned the need of a good knife from him and to this day, I have carried a pocket knife damn near ever day of my life. Every time I buy a new knife, I think about how much I would like to show it to him.

Mark

No comments:

Post a Comment