Friday, August 21, 2009

It's Not Rocket Science!

Why is it that when my wife shops for groceries, she spends $150 + and I am able to make it in and out for around $50? It's not like I am only buying junk. Take today for example. My proof is in the photo.

Basics:
Eggs (On sale)
Milk (On sale)
Loaf of Bread (Not on sale but we needed it.)
Parchment Paper (the only item my wife said she needed.)

Breakfast:
Large mixed fruit bowl

Lunch items:
Lunch meat (On sale)
Cheese slices (On sale)
2 bags of chips (On sale)

Dinner items:
Ground Beef (On sale)
Lettuce for salads

Snacks:
2 packs of peanut butter & Cheese crackers (On sale)
2 packs of Publix cookies (On sale)

Other:
Couple 4 packs of Red Bull (It gives me wings.)
1 White Chocolate Kit Kat that called my name at checkout
Game over! Even after tax, I cashed in at a little over $50. Throw in a case of beer and we are still only talking about $75. I do not get it.

Mark

No comments:

Post a Comment