Monday, September 14, 2009

R.I.P. Bodhi

My wife called down the stairs to me and asked if I had heard about Patrick Swayze. Everyone knew that it was coming for a long time, but I still hated to hear it. I didn't know him except through the movies I watched and interviews I heard, but he has been one of, if not my favorite, actor for years.

The first movie I saw with him was Red Dawn. If you haven't seen it, watch it. Damn good movie for its time during the Cold War. As usual his character was great. My absolute favorite movie of his is Point Break. I have seen it many, many times...I may watch it again tonight.

A great actor, and someone I think I would have really enjoyed sitting down and having a beer with. There was nothing really negative ever published about him that I can remember. He was one of the few people in Hollywood I would really like to have met.

The image above is in the public domain as far as I can tell...if I'm wrong, let us know and we'll remove it.

Dave

No comments:

Post a Comment