Wednesday, September 9, 2009

The Tenth Anniversary Decision!

I came home from a hard day at the office. As I start to sit down, my wife (who took the day off) says "Honey, before you sit down, will you go get the rest of the stuff out of the trunk?" I had only seconds to respond. Do I tell her "NO" and "get me a beer on your way back in" or do I bite the bullet and clean out the trunk? I bit the bullet and I'm damn glad I did. When I opened the trunk, there was a long, white box that said "Ruger" on the side.

For the past several months, I had talked about getting a Ruger 10/22 rifle. We already have a few .22 rifles but all of them are old hand-me-downs given to us by our fathers who got them from their fathers. These are priceless and could never be replaced. Even though they are fun to shoot from time to time, I would prefer to have something I would not be afraid to really use. I had one picked out but never told my wife which model. Our 10th anniversary is this month and she goes out and buys the one pictured - the exact model I had in my head.

It is a 10/22 semi-auto Target model with Bull Barrel, Fajen Legacy fully-adjustable stock and upgraded trigger assembly. All that I need is a nice scope, half a dozen magazines and she will be good to go. (The gun, not my wife.)

My wife is the best and I would hate to think what would have happened had I opted for the beer. This is definitely one of the best decisions I have ever made. (Both the gun and the wife.)

Mark

No comments:

Post a Comment